The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Questions regarding "Due within the next week" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everyone,

I am a relatively new user to Omnifocus, so I apologize if this is a common sense question, but I have not yet found the answer in the forums.

I recently input a significant number of new actions, many of which have due dates of this coming monday (2 days from now). All actions were associated with both Contexts and Projects.

When I view the "Due" menu at the top of Omnifocus, it shows three different Subcategories: "Due Today", Due Tomorrow", and "Due within the next week".

The issue is that the items listed within "Due within the next week" are incomplete. It is only showing actions from within one of my "Single-Action Lists". Why would Omnifocus prioritize those actions for the "Due" view?

Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help.

best,
Aaron

My guess is that you have entered these as sequential projects, and are viewing Available actions. With a sequential project, subsequent actions are not treated as Available if there is an action earlier in the project that is incomplete. With a Single Action List, or a parallel project, incomplete actions don't block subsequent ones from being Available, which would explain why you are only seeing the future items from your Single Action Lists.

If you change your view selector to show Remaining or All actions, I think the missing items will show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyline77 View Post
the items listed within "Due within the next week" are incomplete. It is only showing actions from within one of my "Single-Action Lists". Why would Omnifocus prioritize those actions for the "Due" view?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
My guess is that you have entered these as sequential projects, and are viewing Available actions.
In OF 1.8, using Where in OF, you could quickly check which projects are set as sequential by running the saveable search:
projects where sequential is true
Tasks flagged as sequential inside generally parallel projects could be listed with:
tasks where sequential is true and (sequential of its containing project is false)
and a simple listing of tasks due within the coming days could be generated by some variant of:
tasks where (due date ≥ today) and (due date ≤ (today + 6 * days))
--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 07:48 AM..

Thanks everyone.

I still haven't figured out what it was, but shortly after I made this post, OF synced itself and that seemed to make the missing items appear.

Still not sure exactly what that means, but I appreciate your help.

All the best,
Aaron