The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request: +t to go to today Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I’d like, like in iCal, that +t brings me to the present day. Thank you for considering this.

(I sent this to omniplan@omnigroup.com too—so this message is mainly for notifying this request to other users who might be interested/would like to bump in)

I think we've chosen instead to reserve +t (aka ⌘+t) for the font panel, to be consistent with OmniGraffle, OmniOutliner and several other applications. We're still considering what other keyboard shortcut we could use for a "jump to today" action.

I used to use Psion PDAs (RIP), and they had the best calendar app I've used on any computer before or since. They had a great keyboard shortcut which was using the spacebar to toggle between today and the day you were on previously. E.g. you're looking at November 19 and today is October 26. Hit space and you go to oct 26 (today). Hit it again and you go to Nov 19. Rinse and repeat.

Could be useful in OP, esp since you often need to move back and forth in the timeline.

Either shit+⌘+t or spacebar seem good choices for me.