The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I reinstall the app on the iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I deleted the app from my phone, it was crashing repeatedly even after a shut down and restart of the phone.

I don't know how to get it back. iTunes tells me it isn't authorised for my iTunes and the app store seems like it wants to take my money again.

Not impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetdoctor View Post
I deleted the app from my phone, it was crashing repeatedly even after a shut down and restart of the phone.

I don't know how to get it back. iTunes tells me it isn't authorised for my iTunes and the app store seems like it wants to take my money again.

Not impressed.
I am having a similar problem with another program. I purchased the program on my phone and I won't do that again. I think if you purchase the program through iTunes then it reloads.

Did you buy yours from the phone?

Yup bought it on the phone, assumed it would transfer to the Mac (it has, it shows up in the list of 4 apps I've got) but it won't transfer back.

I've just washed the dishes listening to apple's on hold music. Curious to see how they'll answer this. 29 mins and counting.

Frankly I'm a hair's breadth away from calling the bank and issuing a credit card charge back request. This really isn't ready for prime time, neither this app nor apples infrastructure to support delivery.

I had one program transfer over and then back and another one didn't. I don't know what to tell you but I can say that I have seen it go both ways personally during my testing.

OK 37 mins on hold.....

Answer is menu item Store->Authorize Computer.

This needs to be re-done after the upgrade to the new version of iTunes.

Apple support told me today I can re-download apps I've bought and deleted at no charge.

I tried it with OF today, and sure enough, if you hit "buy", you'll get a message saying you can download it again for free. Not sure why they can't tell you this before you put in your password, though.

He also told me about the re-buy option. Would be nice if Buy turned into re-download for apps you've already bought.