The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

V6 How to liberate inspectors from the document window? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Agreed. I'm not sure why they thought this strange bit of inflexibility was a good idea; It's seems more like just changing something for the sake of "refreshing" it. This is a big deal, given how much screen real estate OG now wants. Can we have some input from Omni on if there is a plan to add flexibility back and at what priority?

Thanks,
Brian

This has become really saddening to me. Luckily I installed the trial before buying, but it made me lose hope in any future with OGP. It's getting to the point where I need to decide if its worth continuing to use the deprecated 5.4.4 or cut my losses and move back to Illustrator as my primary tool. It's bad enough that Apple is de-professionalizing its "Pro" products, but my favorite apps too?

Please don't make me go back to Illustrator. =(

Agreed/ I've been waiting for a fix before an upgrade.

The tool election is somewhat cleaned up. Yet most of the sidebar is wasted empty space, the tool bar is twice as wide and takes a whole vertical column.

The canvases side bar is also huge. It is taking 3 times the width with all kinds of information, when all I want is page preview.

On my 24" monitor, only a little more than half of the screen is left to drawn in.

We're planning to offer the option to separate the inspectors from the document window, as I noted in a related thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Integrating the inspector into the main window was one of the design goals for OmniGraffle 6, making it easier to work with OmniGraffle on small laptop screens. Many of our customers have told us they really appreciate this change.

That said, we've also heard feedback from people in this thread that it makes some workflows harder, and we do plan to offer an option in a future release which would let you separate the inspectors from the document window.

But this isn't a trivial change; it's a fairly big undertaking that will be delivered as a feature in a version 6.x major update, not a bug fix for a version 6.0.x maintenance release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We're planning to offer the option to separate the inspectors from the document window, as I noted in a related thread:
Thanks Ken for the reply. This is one of the reasons I and my team are holding back on upgrading our licenses to V6. As soon as this is updated we'd be happy to update.

On a side note, please could you look into adding auto-propagating stencils into a future release? I've added a post here on the subject: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=31238

Many thanks