I have just posted a toolbar script to pretty much do exactly what is generally asked for in this thread:
I was using omnioutliner to perform the same function as Omnifocus. Now I hope that all the bells and whistles in OF aren't distractions in the end. If omnioutliner synced with the Iphone I would probably still use that. Nothing better than a folded up piece of 8.5 x 11 paper with a mindmap on the front and ToDo lists on the back. Outliner to keep a running tab of lists.
I gotta get back to work.
2011-02-08, 06:54 PM
I read all the posts... what happened to this topic?
1) I think it is good GTD behavior to only have one bucket for time sensitive stuff; the calendar.
- I think for organizing projects, there is nothing better than the OF interface.
- I agree with the poster who suggests that he only wants to enter the date once... a date is a universal value. I should not have to enter it 3 times. (into OF, into iCal, from ical back to GTD in some cases where an event is created based on mail.app but really belongs in OF)
2) To answer Ken Case's excellent question from page 2:
I would like to have "dated" OF tasks show up in ical on their due day, as all day events. To distinguish between due and start, please add "Due:" and "Start:" before the task name.
- the contexts should map to ical calendars (Good GTD).
- I would like to see this as a check box on the "sync:" menu called "Sync todos with dates as ical-calanders." And then have the option to chose either a specific calendar, or use the OF context/ical calendars.
- I would like to have the option to NOT sync OF todos to ical todos. For all the reason outlined above.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How can I sync Start/Due dates to iCal? [A: use "export calendar" instead.]||filmgeek||iCal Sync||10||2011-12-03 06:31 PM|
|Date Specific Actions & iCal Sync [See "Replacing Calendar Sync" thread.]||jakobox||iCal Sync||8||2011-07-22 02:07 PM|
|iCal Sync : Support CalDAV Calendars [See "Replacing Calendar Sync" thread.]||darco||iCal Sync||29||2011-02-07 05:01 PM|
|MobileMe Calendars break iCal sync [See "replacing calendar sync" thread]||Scottn57||iCal Sync||25||2011-01-06 01:17 PM|
|Displaying all due dates in DAV-Sync Calendar||mostlyreallyfocused||OmniFocus 1 for Mac||1||2010-10-02 07:27 AM|