The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"measurements lines"??? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have no idea what this is called in English but is it possible to automatically add "measurement lines" (the red lines in the picture) in OG?

You can in fact use a regular line that's not connected to anything and place a line label on it with the line length variable, <%Length%>, and then in turn use the smart guides to make it the same length or width that you need.

We went this route as opposed to a dedicated dimensioning line object as it gives quite a bit more versatility in how you'd like to style the lines.

Yes, but my wife (building engineer) think this is way too cumbersome. She just want to draw the figures and be able to say that some of the objects should have measurements and then they should automatically appear (with the correct length).

I'll try to convince her

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
Yes, but my wife (building engineer) think this is way too cumbersome. She just want to draw the figures and be able to say that some of the objects should have measurements and then they should automatically appear (with the correct length).

I'll try to convince her
Set up a stencil for her of the most commonly used shapes grouped with the dimension lines.