The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using Applescripts as Services in Omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

Please excuse my ignorance, but is it possible to set up an Applescript to run as a service under Snow Leopard that the script could be executed on data in Omnifocus? If so, how would I go about doing so?

Thanks,

Wayne

Not trivial at the user level, as far as I can see,

http://developer.apple.com/mac/libra...roduction.html

but this might be worth a look (I haven't used it):

http://www.commongrnd.com/~blenkush/products.html

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2009-11-26 at 01:56 AM..

Automator can run an applescript as a service. That way you can set an keyboard shortcut in the preferences app. Just bind it to OmniFocus and it
won't be available in other apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typedlambda View Post
Automator can run an applescript as a service
That's good news. Seems to be restricted to Snow Leopard, however.

Perhaps that improves the cost/benefit ratio of moving to Snow Leopard, which still looks a little doubtful to me :-)