The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Start / end of line key nav inside text object ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I see that mouseless editing (a good thing) seems to remove the capability to hop quickly to the beginning or end of a line inside of a text object. Normally that's not a big deal, but I've got some long text lines and the ability would be nice. Is there a way to do it? I've tried cmd-left/right arrow, but that hops to the next shape.

It seemed to me that the shape hopping behavior should be overridden when you've got a cursor inside of a text object. But I don't see any preferences related to that. Possible feature request, then.

I did discover that alt-left/right arrow hops word by word and that this is not mentioned in the keyboard shortcut document. Any other gems like that? (Actually, what I really want is an embedded text vi editor mode, but that's asking a lot, I realize!) I digress. My primary question is: Is there a shortcut where I can hop to the beginning/end of a line?

Control-Arrow will get you to the end of a line.

Which I think is also the default for shifting desktop spaces in Leopard. That's why I didn't find it!