The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quick Entry Keyboard Shortcut Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is anybody else out there having VERY unreliable experiences with the Quick Entry Keyboard Shortcut?

During the beta cycle, it would work for me about 85% of the time.

Lately it has been working less and less reliably. The last two days, 0%.

I even tried changing to a different shortcut.

I am on 10.5.2; and have OmniFocus assigned to its own Space
Also, I don't really have any system hacks or utilities installed, so I don't think it is anything like that.

Any recommendations?

Hmm, that's puzzling. It seems to work consistently for me using Control-Option-Space. At least I haven't seen any unexpected behavior with activating Quick Entry.

However, I'm still seeing a bug where once the Quick Entry window is activated and OmniFocus is hidden, if I bring another app to the front (e.g. to copy some text) and then return to the Quick Entry window by clicking in white space, the main OmniFocus app will become un-hidden and come to the front. But this issue seems unrelated to yours.

Traditionally I have been using Control-Option-Command-Space.

This morning I tried Control-pace unsuccessfully.

I read in another thread that somebody had been using Control-` with 100% success, so I tried that, and that is working.

Go figure!?