The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How big is too big for a database? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've think I've done my due diligence and tried to find the answers here, but can't. I've been syncing fine iphone->mobile me<-powerbook for a couple weeks. Today, it's timed out and then I got a message about the file being unusable or something to that effect on the iphone. I can sync from the mac to mobile me, but now the iphone won't sync. I tried to take a picture of the message on the screen of the iphone, but it's not showing up on my camera roll.

I can see the OmniFocus.ofocus file on my idisk. I'm trying to look at it's size and it keeps making Finder beachball (not responding) and I never can get it's size. I have to force quit/relaunch.

I then tried to rename it, thinking that if I just named it something else and synced mac->mobile me, I'd get a file that my iphone might be able to grab. But when I try to rename it I'm told it's in use and to try quitting applications. I closed OmniFocus, and it still said the same thing. I tried to show contents of that package and also had to force quit.

I looked at the OmniFocus.ofocus file on the mac and it's 17.4 MB and has got 4,393 files in it's package. Almost all of them are 4kb, there are a couple that are 8kb, one that's 20kb and one that's 248kb.

I have only been using OF for a few weeks so I didn't have much to archive. But I archived things more than two weeks old. Not really any change. A couple days ago, after reading the trouble with attaching files I deleted a couple files that I'd attached. They don't have to be attached, but since the feature was there, I used it.

So where do I go from here? TIA

I'm on the latest build (it ends in a 44), I've not updated my iphone to the latest and I'm on 10.5.4.