The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

About to purchase OmniOutliner 3.9.5 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm about to purchase OmniOutliner 3.9.5 but I have a question regarding 4 - anyone know what the situation is it with it? I don't want to purchase a copy knowing that in less than 6 months I'll have to shell out another NZ$94.99; will a customer who recently purchased it receive a free upgrade? I'm wondering whether it is worth holding off.

I don't think any final decisions have been made, but in case it helps, here's how we've handled stuff like this in the past: once a new version of an app goes into public beta, folks who purchase the old version will get a free update to the new one. Customers that purchased before that point will have the option of upgrading their licenses at a discount.

I'm not on the OmniOutliner team, so I can't predict exactly when they'll be ready for public beta. With that (and the giant grain of salt that it constitutes in mind) I think the time until that happens is measured in months rather than days or weeks.