The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Window title always says "OmniWeb" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
... for pages loaded from the saved workspace when I start up. Okay, except when it says "Cannot Load Address". So when I click on the Window menu, I see 27 "OmniWeb"'s and two "Cannot Load Address"'s. This is after all the pages are properly loaded. And no, they aren't all some web page with the title "OmniWeb".

When I bring up some other web page by, say, typing in a link, it properly displays a title corresponding to that web page. When I try to reload one of the saved workspace pages, it temporarily says "Loading" followed by a good title, but once it's done loading, the title of the window reverts back to "OmniWeb".

Are these pages that have titles? Pages like the OmniWeb Release Notes don't have titles, and that's where I'm seeing the behavior you describe. But other pages are showing their titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethkatz17582
Are these pages that have titles?
Yes, of course. They all displayed their titles quite nicely before I installed the sneaky peek.

As I use it more, I have noticed that it is only those pages saved in the workspace from the previous version of OmniWeb that are afflicted with this problem. As I add new pages to the workspace and save it, then quit and restart OmniWeb, the new ones properly display their titles on the window bar. The old ones continue to show only "OmniWeb".

An update. I was able to reload pages, get the titles to show, and resave the workspace. Now the titles all show properly. Reloading wasn't reliably showing the titles though, especially when more than one page was loading at a time. Eventually I got them all displayed. Now when I restart OmniWeb, the titles are all shown properly.

My experience (I'm using sp11) is that the behaviour changes with no apparent logic. I noticed this a few sp's back and then the titles have been correct or "OmniWeb". For all these pages, the title is correct in the tab as far as I can see. It seems, however, that moving back and forth in page history does the trick, too (if there is no history, there is a problem)?

PS I just noticed that OW had placed several identical pages for some URLs. With these going back to the previous (or the first) instance shows the title.

Last edited by jwa; 2006-05-18 at 03:19 PM..

Saw the same thing with all the sneaky peeks... my saved windows from OmniWeb 5.0 all had the title "OmniWeb".
Reloading I saw the actual title flit by, and then I was back to "OmniWeb".

The workaround was to open up the urls in new windows, which had the correct titles, and close the old ones. Everything looks groovy in my window list and workspace viewer now.

Oh, and one more observation, this was only the windows for the *active* workspace... I just looked at a workspace I had saved with the currently shipping version of OmniWeb, but not active, and the window titles show up fine.

Last edited by mhanlon; 2006-06-24 at 07:05 PM..