The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What are you using while waiting for OO iPhone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm wondering what iPhone/Touch people are using as an outliner in the absence (or wait for) OmniOutliner for iPhone?

I ask particularly because I notice my other favourite Mac-friendly software company (Splash Data) has Splash Notes available for iPhone and Mac Desktop with sync.

I have used Splash ID and Splash Shopper for many years first on the Palm and now the iPhone, but didn't notice the Notes program until recently.

Is anybody using it? Is there something else you are using? I've seen a number of outliners on the iPhone but Mac sync/desktop app is important to me.

I'm currently using CarbonFin Outliner which costs £1.79 in the UK store. It has the advantage of being able to email OPML files which can then be used in OOP. There is also an online synchronisation facility available

splashnotes (I hate the user interface, no landscape mode) and shovebox (pretty limited functionality), viJournal is pretty good too (but obviously no outliner). they all can sync via local wifi.

The app "Outliner" has a nice user interface, but no sync. "Notebooks" has a nice user interface, syncs well (SyncDocs), but no images and the files reside in a folder structure, no real outline...

Last edited by beru; 2009-04-12 at 12:05 AM..

Its still a bit of a mess out there isn't it? Some can export but can't sync back from desktop, some have limited desktop versions (SplashNotes desktop for Mac looks very new and basic) some are pretty crippled in their outlining abilities.

A nice little OmniOutliner iPhone app with MobileMe sync would be lovely.

I'm using Outliner from CarbonFin also. Now that I've figured out how to stop OO from modifying URLs when importing opml, this is a good combination. It's a manual syncing process, but, it's better than no syncing. It'll do until the iPhoneOO comes out.

Notebooks has a sync method, and I understand it too will export to OPML ... and presumably import. I haven't tried it yet, but it solves one of my problems with apps like Carbonfin and Super Index, that I'm in China and the syncing part of their websites are blocked by the GFoC!