The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Search Shortcut for DVDPriceSearch doesn't search Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The OW 5.5 Release Notes vaguely say ...
• Adding search shortcuts still wont work on some sites (macupdate.com)
I was pleased to discover that SP9 can create a search shortcut for PriceGrabber.com. (Nothing happened with SP7.)

However, SP9 still has a problem with the DVD Price Search site. The search shortcut gets created with 22 (!) parameters, but using this shortcut simply opens the home page without doing the search.

OW 5.1.3 had the same problem.

[copy of my formal bug report]

Last edited by Ward; 2006-05-07 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: fix typo

I've been trying off-n-on for the past two years, and a newly created Search Shortcut for the search box at the top of DVD Price Search still just displays the home page.

I tried hacking the URL in the shortcut and got this error:
"Your HTTP_REFERER environment variable is not being set. Due to security reasons, this will inhibit you from using DVD Price Search. This problem is usually caused by the use of certain proxy servers which remove this information."
I wonder if the site is doing something to stop "outsiders" (or robots) from probing their site.

[submitted as formal feedback]