The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus and Sente (Ref. Manager) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I've recently switched to OF and I'd like to organized my research reading list in OF but don't know how to do it. How do you (Sente-users) handle it?
I've have tried with the clipping service in OF but it works only if you select the reference formatted in the reference editor and not in the reference list which would be faster. The other problem is that if I copy the Sente URL to a task note it isn't recognized in OF due to a problem in Sente URL schemes.
Any hint?
thanks
Nestor

I would tend to use DEVONthink for this kind of task.
There are scripts for integrating DEVONthink with Sente, and for integrating DEVONthink with OmniFocus 1.

(The scripting future for OmniFocus2 seems uncertain, to judge by the recently released Omnigraffle 6, which is unable to run most of the complex scripts which run on OmniGraffle 5).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
There are scripts for integrating DEVONthink with Sente, and for integrating DEVONthink with OmniFocus 1.
Your, awesome, scripts (sente2Devon), isn't it? :-) [I use it everyday, a big thanks!]

The point is that what you suggest means a double work...

If you already have your Sente notes (and perhaps PDFs) in DEVONthink, you can use the DEVONthink ⇄ OmniFocus integration scripts to simply give you links (in the notes of your OF projects/tasks) to DEVONthink records.

I mainly use OF as a kind of scheduling front end to work on projects maintained in DEVONthink. 'Verbs in OmniFocus and nouns in DT' is one way of thinking about it.

(DT is really a better place to store documents and notes than OF – the retrieval is much faster and more flexible. OmniFocus is very good at collecting material, but oddly unenthusiastic about helping you to find it :-)