The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem with syncing to iCal; get weird URL Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I want to print out my To Do items as a List in iCal, each item has the following beneath it: URL: omnifocus:// task/nK12oVpvocp (the numbers and letters at the end are different for each task.

This happens even when I've created the task in iCal and then synced with OmniFocus.

This is incredibly annoying -- I just want a list of tasks.

If possible, I'd also like them sorted by calendar (I can't print out the list sorted by calendar when there is more than one calendar in my To Do list).

What do you suggest? (I'm not a technical whiz.) Thank you,
Caroline

I suggest printing from OF.

That URL is how we identify an OmniFocus action even if you change the name in iCal. (We also use it to keep track of cases where there's more than one action with the same name.) Basically, without those URLs, iCal sync wouldn't work.

I don't know enough about iCal's print capabilities to answer that portion of your question; just wanted to explain why the URLs were there.