The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clipboard copying through Citrix not working... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi-
using Omni Graffle professional (have been for years) and finally jump on the forum.... instead of continuing with a now annoying work-around.

I sit on a MBPro dualcore 64bit machine, from which I write pathology reports (blood pathology). I use filemaker, OmniGraffle, and citrix in to an access DB to write reports on the (through citrix) native MSWord inside my company's server system.

I create composite (grouped) photos of specimens in OG. These need to be incorporated into the MSWord document. Currently I cannot select and copy the image as is from OG but can select and copy w/ Preview, then paste to MSWord. Am also able to copy text from FM over the citrix into word....

Is there a way that I can do this directly? Is this an issue of the filetype? Is there a hack or an applescript or something that would save me the preview step?
I wish I were savvier about this-- but my daily tasks tax my poor neurons enough!

TIA.

Working fine here.

( OS X 10.7, OG 5.4, MS Word 14.2 )

If evaluating this:
Code:
the clipboard as record
in Applescript Editor doesn't show data after an attempted copy, then my first guess would be that the Cmd C keystroke has somehow lost its assignment to Edit > Copy in OmniGraffle.

Does it work if you choose Edit > Copy from the menu, rather than using a keyboard shortcut ?

If the Citrix context is the key, it might be worth experimenting with the various Copy As options, and perhaps re-assigning Cmd C if one of them works.

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-04-25 at 01:32 PM..

Does it work if you choose Edit > Copy from the menu, rather than using a keyboard shortcut ? No

I haven't checked applescript editor; will try next time and get back to you. Thanks, Rob!