The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Links between Text? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello

I am new to OmniOutliner and it is looking like it will become an important part of research toolbox.

I have one question. Is it possible to develop links between texts within the one project? Sort of like a Wiki approach (wikitexts ?). This is different to links to attachments and the likes, as the links would point to other entries in the project that I determine to have a relation.

Such a function is found in applications like Scrivener.

Looking forward to some guidance.

Cheers! :)

Darren
Tokyo

This type of linking is a high candidate for OO4. There's currently no way to get such type of functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
This type of linking is a high candidate for OO4. There's currently no way to get such type of functionality.
Hello Derek

Thank you for your message. Just to clarify things. So you mean that it is not possible to get this link function in version 3. However, this is high on the list to be included in version 4?

If it this is the case, then it sounds like the omni group is working on a new framework for version 4 which sounds exciting.

Looking forward to your clarification.

Darren
Tokyo

Yes, that is what I mean. However, this is not a guarantee of this feature being in 4.0. Many things can happen between now and it's release :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Yes, that is what I mean. However, this is not a guarantee of this feature being in 4.0. Many things can happen between now and it's release :)
Hello again Derek

Thanks for the clarification.

Please allow my to put my vote in for having the wiki link function - links between texts in the one or several projects - for version 4.

All the best in the ongoing development. I am really looking forward to when version 4 is finally released.

Darren
Tokyo