The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

page numbering over several Outliner docs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know how to insert page numbers into OO Pro.

What I can't figure out is if there's a way to essentially give a "start number" for the numbering of each OO Pro doc.

Here's the situation: I'm creating a report that is made up of about 4 different Outliner docs plus tables from another program. So, for some of the Outliner docs (all of which are longer than 1 page), I'd like to be able to start the numbering at, e.g., "5." In this way, I can subsequently put together these disparate documents into one well-numbered PDF doc.

Any ideas about how I can achieve this?

Print to PDF and combine them into one doc?

Perhaps I didn't describe the situation well. Creating one PDF document is easy on my end. It's getting the page numbering to be correct and continuous across several different OO documents that's the issue.

If I can't do this in OO, then I'll probably take out all the page numbers and insert with Acrobat Pro. But I was hoping there was some way to do this kind of thing in OO.

Sorry, you can not have arbitrary start points for page numbers yet.

Derek,

Thanks for the reply. I managed to put all my various documents together into one nicely numbered PDF using Acrobat Pro.

In a future incarnation of OO Pro it would be nice if we had a practical way to create start points for page numbering with something other than "1" for just these kinds of situations. But this is probably a pretty minor request relative to some of the other needs in OO Pro 4.