The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Defining the right perspective Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have some work and home folders with projects including actions, whose context is "email". I also have two perspectives, which should only show me the corresponding email actions (amongst other criterias).

Is it really necessary to create two sub-contexts like email:work and email:home?

If yes: These actions were already sorted into separate "work" and "home" folders, so why is it necessary to introduce the same separation again in the contexts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnil View Post
I have some work and home folders with projects including actions, whose context is "email". I also have two perspectives, which should only show me the corresponding email actions (amongst other criterias).

Is it really necessary to create two sub-contexts like email:work and email:home?

If yes: These actions were already sorted into separate "work" and "home" folders, so why is it necessary to introduce the same separation again in the contexts?
It's not necessary, unless you have separate home and work e-mail accounts that are not always both available at the same time (say for security reasons). You can create a "work e-mail" perspective like this:

1. In planning mode, select your Work folder in the sidebar, then click the Focus button on the toolbar
2. Switch to context mode and select your E-mail context
3. In the Perspectives menu, choose Save Window As > New Perspective and give your new perspective a name.

Focus! Didn't think of it. Thanks a lot :)