The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sync with System X Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I've been using OF since its' early alfa days. I love it. One of the things I seriously miss, and make me it far less useful, is the ability to sync with other programs. Specifically, I need to sync it with my issue tracking system (I use Redmine).

I don't need to sync with the entire database, just specific tasks which are currently assigned. I want to control in which project new tasks will be entered and what context they will get. Ideally, I would like to add two way sync, so I can mark completion in OF. But that's nice to have.

I am a developer, so writing code is what I do. It would really help if OF had an SDK or at least some documentation regarding how to sync with any external system. I guess I can set up a WebDAV sync and write a server side component that will sync the server-based DB with my system. However, I didn't find any specification to the OF DB XML or some docs regarding using it correctly. I think having such a spec is a strong indicator for the product maturity.

Thanks,
Zviki