The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prioritizing tasks with ABC Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What is the upside of this method over using focus and sequential groups to get one set of actions done before another? For one thing you don't lose the use of your contexts.

The loss of context information was hand-waved away by saying this approach was intended for those who do 99% of their work at their computer. Fair enough, but I think I would be more inclined to toss the duration field out and use it for the priority field, which seems to me like it would be more generally applicable. My thinking here is that the tasks you've shortlisted for today are probably familiar enough at this point that you don't need the time estimate, whereas the context might still be useful if some appreciable fraction of the tasks are away from the desk.

This seems like a great system! But how one can both use the Prioritizing tasks with ABC set up AND some of the other Context setups (based on type of work, location, etc.). Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you'd rely on one system or the other. Ideally, I'd like to implement both! Does anyone have a template of what you've described so that people like me can download and try to appropriate the layout you described? Thank!

Can't you just flag them and then order the items in the flagged view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Can't you just flag them and then order the items in the flagged view?
No. You can't manually reorder the tasks in the flagged view.

I'd love to see further elaboration of how to do this. Does anyone have a better graphic representation of this ABC system for Context and Perspectives? Thanks!