The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Defer (or 'snooze') tasks/projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I found a few bugs in the script, particularly with handling multiple selections. I also made deferral of both start and due dates the default. Here's the updated code:
This is fantastic, and I use it all the time. Thanks!

It also works with negative numbers of days, if you want to do something sooner.

Curt, thanks for your bug fixes—I was having trouble with a couple of them. Those changes and a few others are incorporated in a new version...

Release notes & download here

Thanks for the update on this script. I'll add that that one thing that I would like to see in this is the option to modify start only, due only, or start and due. I tried modifying this script a while back to see if I could do it, but I'm not script-savvy enough to make it work. One limitation that I ran into right away is that apparently one cannot have 4 buttons in a script dialog, so if there are options to modify start, due, both, then there cannot be a cancel button.

Greg,

Good idea. I thought about wrapping "Start only" into the Defer script but decided it's conceptually different enough to "snooze" an item (leaving the due date intact) than to "defer" it (pushing the whole item back)... so I adapted this into a new "Snooze" script that does what you want.

More info & download here.

That's exactly what I need and it works well-thanks!

Is there any way that this can automatically fill in today's date for unscheduled tasks that you want to move?

At the moment if you use it on a task which doesn't have a specific date it does nothing as it doesn't realise that even though the date field is blank, you may still want to move this action to a few days from the current date.

Bevvy—for unscheduled tasks that you want to move, do you want to avoid seeing them for the specified number of days? If so, this "Snooze" script might suit your needs:

http://bylr.net/3/2009/02/omnifocus-snooze-script/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevvyB View Post
Is there any way that this can automatically fill in today's date for unscheduled tasks that you want to move?

At the moment if you use it on a task which doesn't have a specific date it does nothing as it doesn't realise that even though the date field is blank, you may still want to move this action to a few days from the current date.
I too would find this convenient. This way I wouldn't have to have one script for snooze, and another for defer.