The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug: Time Resets on Repeating Events Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Possible bug: (version 95014)

If you set something due on "today" at 5pm and it is set to repeat 1 day from the completion date, the time will be reset for 12am.

If I am going to use start or due dates, I think it is important to be able to set times. For example, I have a series of evening routines. I don't want them available in the morning.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

A thread back in June (I think) discussed that repeats by day, week, month or year should default to 12am, but repeats by hour or minute should retain their time of day.

What happens if you set it to repeat 24 hours from completion time?

And if you want to do the task every evening, why not repeat 24 hours from assigned date? Otherwise the task due time creeps later whenever you miss the deadline. (Or earlier if you do the task early. I've never had that particular problem!)

Curt

Well the solution is probably to make a folder called "evening routines" and focus on it every evening. Setting it to repeat in 24 hours is a good idea, but as you hinted, if I finish the task at 10pm, then the task wouldn't be available to me until 10pm the next date.

This seems like it should be an additional feature in the inspector to repeat something that starts at 12a or at a particular time.