The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to include OmniFocus with other GTD measures Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am military and use the GTD system in my office [(Outlook, my lists, delegated items and projects) and hard files]. We use Windows PCs and i don't normally take my macbook to the office (i do carry my iPhone with OmniFocus app everywhere i go). What is the best way to incorporate OmniFocus in my total day to day activities? Should i really only use OmniFocus for tracking the personal side of my lists and projects since I already track my work items in another system at work?

If you're already using a different system for your professional tasks, then the division you propose is the most reasonable one, barring dropping the other system, or dual-entry of all of your tasks. You could do selected tasks/projects in both systems if having the extra visibility is worth the extra effort. Because there isn't a convenient way to move tasks in bulk between the two systems, it is probably only worth it for the most crucial ones where having instant access at all times is a benefit.