The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"No context" has completely wrong count Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The "No Context" item tells me I have 22 items without contexts.

However, when I select that list, of the 22 items shown, only five
don't have a context assigned. The remaining items all have contexts,
though the contexts in question are not marked as "active".

The "22 items with no contexts" is therefore extremely misleading.

To make matters worse, the menu bar addition says *24* items without contexts!

I tried quitting and restarting OF, and rebuilding the the database (which crashed OF; bug filed) to no avail.

Anyone else seeing anomalies here?

(I'm starting to worry about OF recently; after a long stretch of stability, things are starting to crash or otherwise act wonky.)

I'm showing 1 no-context item in the menu bar, but none in the Context Mode sidebar or content pane.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I'm showing 1 no-context item in the menu bar, but none in the Context Mode sidebar or content pane.
I'm seeing the same thing.

I too had one "no context" item showing up in the menu bar but not in context view.

After showing "all projects" in Planning mode, I discovered that it was an action in a pending project that had not yet been assigned a context. Once I did that, the no context count disappeared.

I had a couple contextless actions in my completed projects, but they don't show up in the count, fortunately!

I fixed a bug earlier today where the 'No Context' group and counter weren't agreeing on how to handle tasks with future start dates. That should be included in 95000 or earlier. If anyone has bugs with the counters just include a set of steps of how to get into that state.

Also, the 'No Context' group _does_ show actions that have inactive contexts. We've had debates about whether this should be called 'Needs Context' instead to make this more clear. But, this behavior is intentional. Without this, you could have an incomplete action in an active project that you'd never see in Context mode due to having deactivated its Context (perhaps you didn't realize you had actions in that context and you need to renegotiate the projects or otherwise fix them up).