The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PDF export printing artefacts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi folks,
I'm new to these forums & OMNI-Plan; being a recent convert to Mac & other OMNI tools.

I like the beta so far (other than the restricted printing options, such as fit to page). I am therefore printing via PDF/Preview & have a problem with PDF vector Image export of the Gantt + Outline.

I have Task, Duration & Effort columns showing (& have had to shift the screen-split to accommodate these & long task names). The export to Preview creates a semi-transparent blue column filling the right hand half of the Duration column (in about the location of the default screen-split).

Sorry if this is an old problem - I couldn't find anything on it. Has anyone found similar issues - or even better, a fix?

Best

Keith..

Last edited by keith.clarke; 2006-10-31 at 09:02 AM..

Along the same lines, the alternate line coloring is not showing up correctly. The whole gantt chart (not the task list on the left) takes on the background color I've set for the alternate lines. it's not stripey. Don't recall if this was present before.

Adam

On further investigation, I find that this artefact is created for all export options. The only way I can get a clean output is to grab & drop into another application. I haven't tried exporting other views yet, to see if this is a universal problem...

BTW I've been using text background colours at task group level & this seems to export OK on both Gantt & task outline sides of this view.

Keith..

Keith-

Would you be willing to send in your OmniPlan project file, as well as the PDF export with the artifacts? Email them to omniplan@omnigroup.com with a subject heading of "For Aaron" and I'll check them out.

Adam- The issue you're describing is in our bug database. Our engineers are looking into the problem.

Thanks guys! :)

Aaron,

Thanks for responding - you have mail! :-)

Best

Keith..

If anyone has an issue similar to Keith's, try deleting your OmniPlan preference file from your Home Folder/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniPlan.plist.

This is how we resolved his issue. :)