The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

More info for projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello.

I have been using OF for a while now, but recently decided that individual tasks here and there to deal with all of my client tasks wasn't cutting it. So, to create some kind of sense of it all, I created one project for each client, all of which reside in a Clients folder.

What would be great is if I could add some more information about the clients at a project level. For example, some of the clients are for a specific type of product. Ordinarily I'd put a fake tag in a task and group the tasks by doing a search, but there is no text field for a project, so not sure how to do that.

I'd also love to selectively be able to archive items, so that I could keep my client tasks around forever as a running contact log, but have all the rest of my once-and-done tasks be eligible for archiving.

Anyway, any strategies you can think of would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFBriggs View Post
What would be great is if I could add some more information about the clients at a project level. ... Ordinarily I'd put a fake tag in a task and group the tasks by doing a search, but there is no text field for a project, so not sure how to do that.
Projects have a Note field. Folders (unfortunately) do not. Perhaps you are confusing the two?

FWIW, you could also opt to put your project information in to other apps and make file links to them using the Notes field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFBriggs View Post
I'd also love to selectively be able to archive items, so that I could keep my client tasks around forever as a running contact log, but have all the rest of my once-and-done tasks be eligible for archiving.
Under the File menu, select the Open Archive command. This is the backup that is created when you select Move Old Data to Archive. You can manually copy entire selections from your active OF window to the Archive window. Be aware, when you copy over a project that is within a nested level of folders, the nesting gets munged at the Archive.

You might email OG to request having Note fields on Folders and request a way that will automatically Archive by Folder/Project (as I have).

--
JJW

Awesome - thanks for your help!