The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Images in notes - not as links Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sometimes i would like to attach an image to a task - as a reminder or as documentation. But when I try to paste it into the notepart of the task - it becomes an URL to the original, and that's not what I want. I just want to be able to put a snapshot, an image and sometimes a file within a note - without having to save the orginal too.

Is there a way to do this?

Dragging and dropping a file onto an OFO item will create a link to the file. If you want to embed the file (create a copy that is stored inside the OFO database), hold down the "{Option}" key until you drop the file on your target. Your mouse cursor should change to circle around a curved arrow.

Note that in an OFO Note, by default images larger than 512 pixels will show as icons. You can change this by writting to the App from Terminal. Instructions are posted in this forum message:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...05&postcount=7

You can view a list of attachment via "Window➞Attachment List". Double-clicking a file listed will take you to the item containing the attachment.

HTH,

—Kirby.

Thanks a lot - it worked :-)