The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Add an item at new column Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I know it may sound silly but....how should I add a new item at a new column?
Ok, I've added a new column then I press 'Enter' and the cursor goes to the first column....hm..what do I do wrong?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Columns are not independent of each other so it's not possible to just add a new entry for a single column. You need to create a new row which will appear in both columns.

I realized that I can't insert a new item into a new column without creating a common for both columns row but the question was how to place a cursor to a new column/row cross. I've already found the right shortcut - Alt + -->

If it's a new row you made, just pushing the right arrow key will take you there. Or you can change the keyboard prefs in OmniOutliner -> Preferences -> Keyboard tab so the tab key is used to navigate around cells instead of indenting.