The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects missing from focused perspective? [They appeared later] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to create a perspective to make data look a certain way on my ipad. Therefore, it has to be a context-based perspective. I've got it set up as:

Focused on a particular set of folders
All Contexts
Group Actions by Project
Sort Actions by Project
Any for the last three choices

When I look at this perspective on my MBP, it doesn't do what I want because I want it to include some projects that are on hold. But in a context based perspective, you don't get that choice. But here's the odd part...

on my MBP - 7 projects showing
on my ipad (after sync) - 14 projects showing.

My ipad is showing what I actually want even if my Mac isn't. It's fine, I can do what I want with a project based perspective or just poking around on my Mac.

Anyone have an explanation for why the same perspective is producing different results?

Which should I have expected with the above settings?

Is there a way to do a context-based perspective that chooses active and on-hold projects, but not dropped or completed?

I was going to take screen shots and I didn't. But NOW all the items are showing.

One thing that I didn't notice before was that Projects that are active but don't have any available tasks weren't showing in the perspective. I'll have to figure out how to deal with that (meaning what I want it to do and if that's different than what it does)