The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iPhone settings Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please define the options for show:
In Projects, what are "Available"? How does this compare to the options in the desktop application - e.g., Remaining, Active?
In Contexts, what are "Next" and "Available"? Again, how do they relate to the desktop groups?

The groupings in the iPhone app are the same as in the Desktop application. Available items include the next action of a sequential project, and all actions in a parallel project or single-action list. (Things you can do now, in other words.)

Remaining items are any items that you haven't completed or dropped - even if they have a start date that hasn't arrived, for example.

Next actions are the one top remaining action from each project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Next actions are the one top remaining action from each project.
No matter if the project is sequential OR parallel?

Yes. Whether a project is sequential or parallel, it has a single 'next action'. This is to help people like me. I _could_ start with almost any task in 'Clean the House', and might get side-tracked analyzing whether it's best to start with the really icky chores, or maybe work from one end of the house to the other, or do the little things first so I feel a sense of accomplishment, or ....
OmniFocus says (in my head) "I know there's a lot of things you _could_ do right now, but don't worry about all of them. Here, just do this one, and then come back and we'll talk about what to do next."