The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help setting OP up right for IPAD and MAC use Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to establish an Omni Workflow using OmniFocus(OF) and OmniPlan (OP) for my needs between a MAC and IPAD. The data will have to be imported/exported to sync with a windows Sharepoint/project manager, but I will deal with that later – that is just the end state intent.

My workflow:
I am a Director and have Key focuses areas which I am assuming should be set up as projects (I.e. Oversight, Training, Policy etc…). Each focus area/project has multiple tasks that need to be accomplished by one or multiple divisions. Within each task there will be multiple actions and/or events needed to accomplish for task completion.

Each division preforms the following services & support to customers as experts in these Functions

Function Analysis – types are: lsa, manprint, lora etc.;
Function Services – types are: reimbursable, direct, mixed;
Function Support – types are: conducting, developing, training ect.;

To sum it all up; My daily workflow consist of the following and is mostly done on my IPAD:

Directing & managing - Projects
Manage - Day-to-day workflow of "non-project" tasks (Single-Action Items)
Manage - Workforce career development & required training/certifications

Projects (I.e. Overall key Directorate focus areas) that have multiple tasks and actions that will be completed by divisions and people against associated timeline. I want to be able to track the projects and/or tasks and actions by assignment of divisions or the individual; the type of function and it's associated type.

For example: I want to see all the projects or individual Tasks being performed by a certain division; or I may want to see all the projects and tasks associated with a Manprint analysis.

Finally from a supervisory perspective I want to see who of all my employees have met their required professional development and who have not.

They are required based on their grade to be certified in a certain Acquisition track; I.e. Logistics, production, contracting
They are also required to be certified in a professional CES level; ie. Beginner, intermediate, or advanced based on their grade
But I want to see what they are required to be versus where they are at in meeting that requirement. Kind of a tracking report.

Questions:

1. With OF & OP, do I have the right tools to be able to do this type of workflow?
2. If so, using these tools how would you set up the workflow between the two programs, and how do you set up the Context or Keys (to use multiple if needed) so I can monitor my workflow properly and easily?

Thank you,

Michael

Mike,
have you had any luck with your workflow integration and monitoring?
Raul