The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Separate OF Inbox app for mobile collection only? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
While I do appreciate the recent improvement to allow for access to the Inbox while everything's loading up under the hood, I was wondering what people might think of this idea.

What if there was a separate, optional application purely dedicated to allowing you to quickly input things directly into your OF file's Inbox? A one-way flow of information, with a very fast start-up time and immediate options for input.

I think of the Evernote's app default screen, and its large clear buttons allowing you to immediately select the option to enter a text input, load up the camera, tag an existing photo you've already taken, or record audio. Compare that with OF's entry startup:

1) load up the OF app
2) wait for the inbox icon to appear
3) select the inbox
4) wait for the keyboard to appear
5) tap 'Done' on the keyboard
6) scroll down to the 'attachments' area
7) select "take photo" or "record audio"

Perhaps there are settings I haven't found that would enable me to have a different default setting when selecting the Inbox entry, but I haven't found it yet.

Would this even be possible? Add content to the server file, and then access it via Desktop and (full) iPhone app? Possibly be able launch the full OF app from within the Inbox app?