The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gannt display Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to display a horizontal line in the gantt view? Especially when I print it?

It's a large project and when I print it on an 11X17 paper it's hard to go from the task name on the left to the bar on the right without using another piece of paper or ruler. I would prefer to have a horizontal line show up after every 5 or 10 tasks.

Thanks,
Mike

This would be a nice addition. We work around this by printing some of the task info on the gantt side of the chart, like task name, end date, etc. Reduces the need to look back and forth.

Do you know about the Alternate Rows styling option? It's in the Project:Colors inspector, and allows you to have alternate rows in a different color background (think of old lineprinter paper with green and white bars, except with more styling flexibility).

This would work great, but I can't seem to get it to work. I've attached a screen shot to see if you can tell what I'm doing wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1973  

How strange. I only see the diagonal half-and-half bar if I haven't set anything yet, but you've got a style applied that suggests you did.

I just click in the Alternate Rows color box, the color chooser comes up, I select a color and close the color chooser. It sometimes doesn't take effect until the color chooser is closed, which seems like a bug, but I haven't figured out the circumstances yet.

It might have been that I was working with an imported .mpp file. I saved it as an omniplan file, then opened it and it worked. Thanks.