The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

External Users Add to Inbox -- OmniFocus File Format Documentation Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello all. Is any documentation available for the .ofocus file?

My aim is to write some simple PHP that would run on the same server as the sync database. I'd like for others to be able to add a task to my inbox. Unless there's already a way to do this?

Many thanks.

I think AppleScript would be a much better way to do this, as there is a script dictionary for OmniFocus. Trying to manually handle the file format would be problematic and could break or damage data if Omni Group decides to change it.

Thanks for the thought. The problem with Apple Script is that I'd need to have OmniFocus running on my web server... Which is a hosted linux box, making that impossible. I'm just looking for a really light-weight way people can add tasks directly to my inbox...

You could set up a web page to allow users to create an inbox item in a web form and then send a mail to yourself. Then it's just a matter of adding the sender mail adress to the Mail2OmniFocus importer.