The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Possible to have the app word wrap titles rather than truncate? [A: open feature request.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi,

i was just wondering if there was an option to word wrap each entry in the iphone version of omnifocus. i have tasks with long descriptive names and as it stands now, i have to tap on the task to figure out what it is. if there is no option for this, are there plans for it? just figured it would have been a no brainer given the small real estate of the iphone screen. thank you!

aloha,

jae

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1 View Post
Check out the latest version of iphone.
Hmmm... I checked out the latest version and I don't see this option on the iPhone. Where are you seeing this?

Sorry for the confusion, Jimmy - I strongly suspect the post you're responding to (which I'm about to delete) is actually spam. The newest spam tactic appears to be posting vague-but-maybe-legit posts in response to some other post. After a few days, the quoted material gets edited to include a spam link.

At least we're forcing the spammers to develop better camouflage, I guess. :-)

Regarding word wrap: I believe we've got a feature request open on that - interested parties should email the support ninjas and ask to be added to that request. All other things being equal, a feature request with more customers attach will get priority when we plan our work.

Is there a way to tell OF to word wrap my tasks when it won't fit the entire line? I find it a hindrance when perusing through my tasks to stop and think "I can't see the whole line, but I think it said this but I'm not sure"

We've got a feature request open on this; I'll attach your email so the rest of the team will know you'd like to see this added.

In the meantime and in case it helps: when I encounter this situation, I generally find that rotating the phone to landscape phone reveals enough additional text to make the item understandable.