The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
64-bit test builds of OmniWeb now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Are Global Preferences not working for you in that build? That's the build I'm using right now to post this message, and they seem to be working fine for me. (They should have been fixed starting with r199805.)
Yes, actually they are. I see that yesterday I was confused about how to get back to the Global Site Preferences after accessing the first one. They seem all right now.

Quote:
Anything in particular that you're missing at this point? (I think the thing I personally miss most is a command to load all ad-filtered resources from the page, like Load All Images used to do in OmniWeb 5.)
There are no plugins showing up in the Plugins window. I donít know if that means that OW is not accepting plugins or that the window just doesnít show them. However, so far I donít see any evidence of anything not working because of a lack of plugin support.

Quote:
You're welcome!
And thanks again.
 
With most recent builds (since at least 199962 and on) Iím seeing some issues with digg.com, and the Gawker family (Gizmodo / Lifehacker / Deadspin etc) where those sites load as text-only, or with all page elements left-aligned.

No problems loading those sites from Safari or Chrome, so I assumed something was broken in OW. Anyone else seeing issues?

I reverted to build 199423 and things look normal again.
 
I checked these sites using v. 200072 and can confirm superhancpetram’s post.
 
I can reproduce! It looks like the stylesheet is downloading, but comes through garbled for whatever reason. (Maybe, maybe related to gzip encoding on the server.)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhancpetram View Post
With most recent builds (since at least 199962 and on) Iím seeing some issues with digg.com, and the Gawker family (Gizmodo / Lifehacker / Deadspin etc) where those sites load as text-only, or with all page elements left-aligned.

No problems loading those sites from Safari or Chrome, so I assumed something was broken in OW. Anyone else seeing issues?

I reverted to build 199423 and things look normal again.
Did some more checking just now.

Sites look normal in 199596; problem occurs by build 199805. I don't have any builds in between those two to check with, but hopefully that narrows it down a bit more.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhancpetram View Post
With most recent builds (since at least 199962 and on) Iím seeing some issues with digg.com, and the Gawker family (Gizmodo / Lifehacker / Deadspin etc) where those sites load as text-only, or with all page elements left-aligned.
This should be fixed in r200158 and later.
 
Just downloaded 200449 - crashes seem to be gone and Flash is back! Thanks for the hard work Ken!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhancpetram View Post
Just downloaded 200449 - crashes seem to be gone and Flash is back! Thanks for the hard work Ken!
Itís working for me too on all my most visited sites. Iíve refrained from opening any videos just in case, but other links seem to work without a problem. Still need to do something about those plugins.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwthomas View Post
Itís working for me too on all my most visited sites. Iíve refrained from opening any videos just in case, but other links seem to work without a problem.
Videos should be fine at this point as far as I know. (If not, let me know!)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Videos should be fine at this point as far as I know. (If not, let me know!)
All of the sites I tested flash on worked fine until I opened the Al Jazeera site to test its videos and it crashed upon opening: OG #1006361.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.