The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Crashing far too often Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This may be a complete red herring, but it seems like too much of a coincidence not to make a mention of it.

I too have been getting frustrated at the frequency of OmniWeb crashes and have sent in many reports from the crash catcher. Sometimes it would crash while I was browsing around but more often I would leave the machine for a while, come back and find a crash waiting for me.

I run OmniWeb on 3 machines (no OS hacks, GUI mods etc. - pretty much clean, well maintained vanilla machines) and 5.5.4 wouldn't stay upright for more than a couple of hours on any of them, but this weekend OmniWeb has been running constantly on all 3 with lots of heavy browsing, big downloads, left running overnight etc. and I have only seen one crash so far.

The only change I can recall making on all 3 machines at the same time was disabling FileVault and I have a sneaking suspicion that it might have improved the stability of OmniWeb for me. If it's true I have absolutely no idea why it might be, but if it lets me go back to making OmniWeb my default browser then I am happy.

So, to the other people who are seeing way to many crashes, do you use FileVault or not?

Brian

Personnaly, no I don't use FileVault.

I don't have FV on, but I don't crash as much as you either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjj
So, to the other people who are seeing way to many crashes, do you use FileVault or not?
No, I don't use FileVault.