The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Graphics of Focus Feature Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Great job on this app OmniPeople. The OmniFocus UI is great for planning projects and contexts, but when it comes to getting work done on my computer, OmniFocus fills up my 15" screen and gets buried behind my other apps. If I need to glace at the list, I need to find OF and bring it to the front and then send it to the back again to continue working. I would love to have a super-simple view window option that just shows items that are actionable right now in a semi-transparent window that I can stick unobtrusively in the midst of my work environment (maybe even have an option to float above other windows.)

The skin for my Adium buddy list is like this and with small enough font, it's perfect for me to keep track of the list at a moments glance, but not get in the way of my workspace.

Here's a couple shots of my desktop with rough examples of what I'm talking about in the bottom right corner: http://tinyurl.com/yquft5 / http://tinyurl.com/2wcgko

What do you think?

-Chris
Bellingham, WA

Last edited by topher.benson; 2007-06-30 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: Better Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher.benson
Here's a couple shots of my desktop with rough examples of what I'm talking about in the bottom right corner: http://tinyurl.com/yquft5 / http://tinyurl.com/2wcgko

What do you think?
FWIW, I like it. :)

Or a dashboard widget, so it can be seen quickly, briefly, at the click of a button, but only when requested.

Once a widget, it could be made to appear like the quick entry window, allowing one to interact with it without having to grant it focus by first moving the cursor and vanish just as easily without showing all the other active widgets.

That would be great. I love this idea

I like it too. I mentioned something similar in another thread. I would like to make it something more focused than just all actionable items though, perhaps more of a pick list of items I need/want to do today.

I absolutely agree on the super-simple part. I don't need to see all the bits of the OF interface on this thing just a nice uncluttered list. I would like to be able to check off items on the list and have it reflected back in OF proper as well.

Mixing the selection idea with the existing flags seem like a good idea to me. Currently, flags don't do much except visual aacentuation. Being able to view them all in a HUD would be fantastic. And by the way, my vote would be for a HUD; not a widget. Out of site out of mind, and all of that. I'd rather important things be more prominent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberV
Mixing the selection idea with the existing flags seem like a good idea to me. Currently, flags don't do much except visual aacentuation. Being able to view them all in a HUD would be fantastic. And by the way, my vote would be for a HUD; not a widget. Out of site out of mind, and all of that. I'd rather important things be more prominent.
And I'd like a semi-automated way to populate the HUD (? I don't know this term).

As I said in another thread, I'd like to see all my next actions AND all my repeaters that come up today AND flagged items NOT completed

--Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizPf
the HUD (? I don't know this term).
Heads-up display, I think.