The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > AppleScripting Omni Apps
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto Delete Completed Projects with certain word in title. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm guessing something like this already exists.

I have many projects with the word "Routine" in the title. As such, they get repeated very often. At the end of the week I have several completed projects with the word "Routine" in the title littering several folders of projects.
As of now I have a "routine" to clean them up and delete them manually.

It would be great if a script could automatically look for any completed project with the word "routine" in the title and delete them for me.

Anybody heard of such a script?

Thanks in advance.

Data-deleting scripts need to be handled with extreme caution, and a readiness to use Edit > Undo ⌘Z immediately afterwards.

If you wanted to create one, you could uncomment the delete line in something like this:

Code:
tell application id "OFOC"
	tell default document
		set refZap to (flattened projects where completed = true and name contains "routine")
		-- delete refZap
	end tell
end tell

My suggestion would be to use Rob's Where in OF script instead, utilizing its ability to save queries for future use. When it is time to do some housekeeping, use the script to pull up the projects to be deleted, have a good careful look at the scripts proposed for deletion, and then delete once satisfied the list is correct.

Currently at:

http://complexpoint.macmate.me/Site/..._by_Query.html