The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sorting Actions within Projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This might just be something I’ve missed, but…

Often, when looking at Projects in Planning Mode, I want to quickly view Actions sorted by their due dates or context.

Apart from manually dragging them around the only option I found is to select and Focus on that Project, switch to Context Mode with the desired selection, grouping or sorting, then switch back and Show All.

Saved Perspectives and keyboard shortcuts make this a bit less painful than it sounds.

But I keep thinking how much easier and more elegant it would be if there was a quick way to toggle Action sorting (for me it’s specifically: by due date, by context) directly within Planning Mode.

So, for example, in addition to the existing column grouping/sorting options for Projects, there might be a secondary set of sort options for Actions – ideally using the conventional Mac-style UI where you click a column header to sort by that, click again to invert the sort order.

Or is there already an obvious solution to doing this, that I’m just overlooking?

Thanks

Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjn View Post
So, for example, in addition to the existing column grouping/sorting options for Projects, there might be a secondary set of sort options for Actions
This is going to be another one for the eventual FAQ.

I've suggested a secondary tier to the view bar:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...21&postcount=1

-P