The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

washingtonpost.com Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Why won't this site work at all in OnmiWeb? This is a very crucial site for me to access, and whenever I try to view it in OmniWeb, no matter my location (i.e., it's not an issue with my internet connection), I get the error message shown in the image below)...

Can anyone help with this or explain the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

With peace,

Henry

I can't explain it, I can reproduce it, and it doesn't load for me in Opera either. Telling OmniWeb to identify itself as Safari 4 doesn't help.

See this thread: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=13728

Here's a quote from Troy's response to this problem: "Washington Post works okay for me, though I know our support ninjas regularly see people with problems here. Try turning off the 'Request web pages in my preferred languages(s)' preference found in the Languages site preferences for Washington Post."

This fixed has worked for me and, apparently, for several others.

Last edited by robotank; 2009-11-12 at 04:01 PM..

The plot thickens! I tried turning off the "ask for pages in English" setting, and it started working. Couldn't find a way to turn it off in Opera, so it didn't work there. Then I did some searching and found some discussions of this problem with Camino, including a comment that if one went to http://www.washingtonpost.com/national it worked just fine, which I found to be true even after turning the offending setting back to its original state. Go figure.