The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Task Templates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If this is already a feature in OF that I am missing I apologize and would appreciate some help in finding where it is.

As a student I have multiple courses each one of which has many readings and I learn topics best by breaking down my work into stages... For example: read and summarize the topic on day 1, go to the class on the topic on day 2, additional research if necessary on day 3, and revisiting it a month later to refresh my memory. But putting those sub-tasks into OF individually for each topic becomes very time-consuming. Is there a way that I can put in a task (i.e. a topic in my course) and then automatically add in those three sub-tasks? If there isn't yet I definately think that this is something OF should have as many people have repetitive tasks with several sub-tasks or sub-stages...

Thanks in advance,

Templates have been requested in the past, but you are right, OF doesn't do templates. Perhaps others will pipe in and offer workarounds.

a previously completed project? Keep a few examples in a subfolder and when you need to 'redo' something similar just past it into the new project/folder and make the minor modifications as needed..