The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

What would be your preferred way to export? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I've been thinking on how I would like to organize my GTD workflow with OmniFocus and came across an obvious option for context lists.

Most of the time I carry around my iPod, so it would be a logical way to have a look at my lists in various contexts on the iPod. Displaying them as to-dos in iCal, probably with one calendar for each context, is not very intuitive and will feel like a spam attack to my beloved iCal.

But what about simple note files for each context that simply lists all the actions with a separate file for each context. These should be updated and synched when I connect my iPod to the Mac, of course.

What do you think of this, and, do you see any problems with this workflow? Any other suggestions for someone who has a Hipster PDA and an iPod (and no cellphone or PDA and doesn't want one either)?

I used to export to my iPod using kGTD2Go, but got tired of that since it exported everything. Since a lot of my work is on the computer anyway, I would really only want to export a few contexts. So things like Errands, some Agendas, etc, would be great, but not every task in every context.

So whatever method works for exporting, choosing specific contexts would be helpful for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fideli
So whatever method works for exporting, choosing specific contexts would be helpful for me.
Don't you think exporting to the iPod with many different iCal calendars as context lists would be messy? A set of different notes would be much cleaner (and probably even easiert to implement).

Of course you should be able to toggle contexts that should be exported.