The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mail Clip-O-Tron 3000 has me baffled? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello all,

System Info:
OS X 10.5.1 on a new iMac
Product: OmniFocus-1.0.x
Tag: OmniFocus/1.0/final-v77.1.2
Date: 2008-01-08 01:09:42 -0800
It's probably me but...

Installed the Clip-O-Tron mail bundle and sure enough it's there in
~/Library/Mail/Bundles

Restart Mail.app - nothing? I even tried copying the actual bundle folder instead of the alias. What exactly am I supposed to see after mail is restarted?

The only hunch I have, assuming the problem is on my side, is that I use a Mail.app add-in called MsgFiler (http://www.tow.com/msgfiler/) (highly recommend it if you've never heard of it) and part of the installation process does this:

defaults write com.apple.mail EnableBundles YES
defaults write com.apple.mail BundleCompatibilityVersion 3

I've run mail with OmniMailMessageServiceEnabler.mailbundle as the only enabled bundle but still nothing in preferences, toolbar, customize toolbar, menus or anywhere on the interface.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks much,

James

It just allows you to use the shortcut that is indicated in the OmniFocus Preferences (though, in my set up it clashed with display of the Colour palette so I modified it) to clip the text selected in a message into either the quick entry field or your OmniFocus inbox depending on your settings. As far as I am aware it doesn't do anything other than that.

Thanks JKT!

Seems like it's supposed to display an icon in the toolbar, correct?

Is it's purpose just to clip a chunk of selected text, or will it take the entire message if it's highlighted in the message list (with no text selected in the actual message)? If entire message, what about attachments?

Thanks much,

James

You can choose a message. Highlight the message in the messages pane then hit your clippings shortcut. Clickable links to the message, attachments (if any) and recipient/s will be visible when you expand the notes field on the task.

James, if you select a message title and use the shortcut, it will create a new item in your Inbox/Quick entry field, with the contents of the message appended as a note.

As I wrote before, I don't think it is meant to create a new toolbar button in Mail - you are just meant to use the keyboard shortcut.

Incidentally, it might be less than trivial to create a toolbar button for Mail as, depending on what you are looking at, you can have different toolbars - e.g. the toolbar set-up for the main window is different to that for individual messages (when viewed in a separate window, rather in the preview pane).

ahhhh, I get it now!

See- I knew it was me! I got all hung up on the pretty icon and fancy name in the preferences panel.

Now, if they could only get it to append attachments too...

Thanks all,

James