The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Violation that won't clear Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm setting up a new plan and was entering a constraint for a milestone. I entered the constraint as the same date and time as the scheduled end date.

A violation popped up. When I clicked on it, one of the potential resolutions was to move the constraint back to match the end date! I tried clicking that option, but the violation will not clear.

I've attached a screenshot of the violation pop up next to the task information inspector.

Any insights would be appreciated by this newbie!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Violation.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1061  

I can't reproduce this behavior (though without knowing the structure of your chart, maybe that isn't a big surprise). Why don't you use Help->Send Feedback to send it into the support ninjas and see what they say? There's an option to turn your task names and so on into gibberish in the copy attached to the email so you don't have to disclose any confidential data.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

The great folks in the Ninja department got me back on the right path. Turns out that the date I had set as a constraint was a weekend while the default settings for the project have the work week as Mon-Fri.

Just in case anyone else ends up in the same predicament, I thought I'd post the solution.

Thanks,
Prof T