The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printing text too small Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

When I print a page from Omniweb it comes out far too small. A web page that will print as one whole page of A4 with correct width and height and with a font size of about 12 on all other browsers is, with Omniweb, currently printing out as a small page that covers perhaps two thirds of the same space with a very small font and comparatively small pictures. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Matthew Whiting

Have same issue. However I'm beginning to think that it is by design.

I'm guessing you have a horizontal pagination setting of "Scale to fit". With this setting the browser window width is taken into consideration--try narrowing the window and see if text gets larger.

If you change this setting to "automatic" the window width wont be used.

You can find this setting by opening the print pane, in the drop down that currently says "Copies & Pages" select OmniWeb, the setting is in this new view, "Horizontal Pagination".

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
I'm guessing you have a horizontal pagination setting of "Scale to fit". If you change this setting to "automatic" the window width wont be used.
Thanks Troy. I didn't see that. I'll try printing again in the morning and let you know if it is now fine.

Matthew Whiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
I'm guessing you have a horizontal pagination setting of "Scale to fit".

If you change this setting to "automatic" the window width wont be used.
Hi. Yes, changing the setting to automatic has fixed it. Everything prints fine now. May I suggest that it should be set to automatic by default. I'm sure that not every user will be able to fix this themselves.

Matthew Whiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Whiting
May I suggest that it should be set to automatic by default. I'm sure that not every user will be able to fix this themselves.
I have to agree. I've been an OmniWeb user for years, and didn't know about this. All this time, I've been switching to another browser whenever I needed to print anything.

It's good to have the additional page-fitting functionality if the user wants or needs it, but defaults should generally be set to the behavior expected in the majority of cases.

Strange, I've been printing from OW with the default settings for years. Never had an issue.