The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Review??? What and How Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ok,

I admit it I haven't read the book. But I here reference to Reviewing tasks.

Plus the Marked Review button..What is that and how do you utilize that?

IS it have anything to do with the Perspectives? What are they?

Thanks, I'm loving OF!

Rich

Each project has a "review" section in the inspector. You determine how often you want to review it. Use the filters to do a review and then use the Marked Review button to check off those that you have reviewed.

When you have a particular setting for the filters, you can use the Perspectives to save the setting and retrieve it later. This is a work in progress - perspectives don't have naming capabilities yet, they are only numbered.

If you don't know much about GTD, you can pick up a lot by searching on Google and reading about it. It's a philosophy and the book presents the details. I'd also suggest performing searches in this forum for topics you are unsure of. Since this is an alpha version, there is no "official" help, you'll have to rely on this forum for the details.

Pierre

Is there any way to force a weekly review reminder? For example, it would be great if I could set up OF so on Friday afternoon, a weekly review dialogue box pops up where if I click "ok", I'm taken to the review screen.

I suppose I could make a "weekly review" action item that repeats weekly, but I like how an application dialogue box would be more authoritive.

this thread:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=4641

has more info on how people use reviews, and is linked from the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tex View Post
Is there any way to force a weekly review reminder? For example, it would be great if I could set up OF so on Friday afternoon, a weekly review dialogue box pops up where if I click "ok", I'm taken to the review screen.

I suppose I could make a "weekly review" action item that repeats weekly, but I like how an application dialogue box would be more authoritive.
You could create a Weekly Review appointment on your calendar and have it display the dialog box. You could even, with a bit of Applescripting, have it open the right perspective in OmniFocus.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
You could create a Weekly Review appointment on your calendar and have it display the dialog box. You could even, with a bit of Applescripting, have it open the right perspective in OmniFocus.
This could also be arranged with a Automator workflow launched by iCal.