The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1.8.1 broke Spaces? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Having updated to 1.8.1 tonight I've found a problem.

I used to just drag OmniFocus to the space right below my main desktop so that I could easily find it with a quick key combo. But now, since 1.8.1, every time I really interact with it (like add an action) the program window gets teleported back to the "Space 1". This is brand new behavior. And extremely annoying behavior at that.

Any chance this is related to the Expose problem that was "fixed"?

Just wanted to say, that I also experienced this behaviour in the new 1.8.1 - hope this get fixed in one of the next versions.

Why don't you try out the sneaky peek release here: http://www.omnigroup.com/products/om...oad/sneakypeek

There is some mention of improving behavior with Spaces in the release notes; if you're still having the problem with that version, I'm sure they'd like to hear about it sooner rather than later. You don't have to continue to run the sneaky peek if you're not comfortable with the idea, just figure out if they've got a fix for your problem yet.

I use Spaces, have it set for 6 spaces open on my MacBook Pro. I keep 5 programs running with one space free, OmniFocus is in space 2.

I have been running 1.8 (Revision: 138877) since it came out without a problem. I have OF set to open on boot and it is tied to space 2 in the settings. I would suggest that you set it to be locked into the space you want it to be in, that way when you clip something or add an action OF shouldn't move out of it's space. ?? Just a thought.

It's no longer happening to me. And I didn't change anything. *sigh*